A lot has happened since my last post so here is a potted rundown of the last 6mths or so:
- we went camping up at Barrington Tops during heavy rain and hilarity ensuedFallen trees requiring detoursPoor choice of detour by the navigator meant car trapped by flooded creeks.
You can see the scale of this adventure via this google map - Telegherry Camping Adventure Nov 09
- I got knocked up and hilarity ensued, including fainting at stations and throwing up in station masters offices. Feeling generally better and much bigger now though increasingly worn out. We get to meet lil Miss towards the end of July. It is one hell of a physical rollercoaster for the mind and body.
- We went to melb to visit mr blue-eyes sis and family. Hung out at Hosier Lane, still couldn't manage to get into Movida though. Managed to time trip with torrential rain. Did Queen Vic Markets until morning sickness overwhelmed me.
- I've spent the last 6mths contracting to a big telco doing internal comms. Good hours, good money and very relaxed culture (compared to smaller agencies.
- Amongst other books i have read Cloudstreet by Tim Winton (i say a cross between Love in the time of Cholera and Harp in the South). I've also thrown myself into Neil Gaiman and am working my way through his work. I'm going to need to join the library at the rate i'm reading between the cost and the space i can't keep up.
- We had a real holiday where snorkelling was as tough as it got at Matamanoa Island in Fiji.
- We bought a house in Dundas, we made an offer that we didn't expect to be accepted and before we knew it we were on the rollercoaster ride that is finance, mortgages, building inspections and home ownership. Bruno loves hanging out in the sun rolling on the grass. Mr Blue-eyes loves his double car brick garage. There are a plenty of misc projects to keep us busy in the years to come.